WordCampNZ on in 4 weeks
Planning for the next WordCampNZ event in Wellington is in full swing. As a trustee and one of the key organisers we are busy confirming speakers, sponsors and selling tickets.
If you are in Wellington or visiting that way plan to come along. It all happens on Sat 19th of Feb at Te Papa and for a half day on the Sunday.
We have 6 speakers confirmed with more to come and a super panel with some big names on the Saturday afternoon. Here is my list of 7 reasons to be at WordcampNZ this year. Not really in order
- Michael Brandon is NZ’s top SEO guru and he knows WordPress inside out.
- Paul Gibbs is a BuddyPress world expert from UK. BuddyPress is like facebook where you set your own terms of service.
- David Farrar runs NZ’s busiest blog with 500-700 comments a day.
- Julie Starr rocks on media and blogging at Evolving Newsroom.
- John Ford is an expert on WordPress Security
- Justin Sainton is talking coupons – a whitehot space now – NZ’s Groupy has just been sold to yellow
- Super panel with Lance Wiggs and Richard McManus (RWW)
Wellington that week is going to be a blast with the well respected webstock conference on just before WordcampNZ.
I got to represent WordCampNZ on Radio Wammo Live today giving a quick run through of what the event is about. This is radio which is video streamed live. Video link is below.